Tuesday 23 June 2009

WW1 Black Sea Russian Navy Part 2

After much ferreting around (and a phone call to check some details with Mr Fox - cheers Neil!) I have at last come up with the shopping list for the Black Sea Russian Navy 1914 to 1917. Subject to availability I should have this little lot safely at home by Saturday evening. I will post the model codes and quantities etc - as I did for the Balkan Fleets - in due course and i am planning on getting the whole lot under the brush as soon as possible. I have a number of ideas in mind for mini campaigns involving this little lot; more of which later.

The main (in fact the only) difficulty experienced was the choice of model to use for the Lejtenant Puscin class TBs - as near as I could tell they looked like RN two funneled E or River class DDs. This sub group was built by Cammell Laird for the RN and the Russians were described in Jane's fighting ships as being Laird types. In 1/3000th though any differences will be minimal.

Cost wise the whole lot should come in at under £20 so chalk one up for credit crunch wargaming!

No comments: