Friday 18 December 2009

Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow...........

I have spent the last two days drugged up to the eyeballs and festering under a pile of jumpers and duvets. I have succumbed to a chesty-throaty-cold-flu type affliction and am feeling pretty sorry for myself as a result. Then came the snow and I had to drag myself around to the doctors for some prescription drugs in four inches of the white stuff. It was horrible, especially as I was given the wrong prescription (it was made out to a David Cook!) but did not realise this until I had gotten to the chemists. So I then had to stroll back to the doctor to get the correct version. I was not best pleased as you can imagine!

I will have to go back to work on Monday so am hoping that the intensive regime of medication will kick in and get me there - sadly I don't get any sick pay!

I have managed to resolve the Bulgarian 75mm gun situation though so all is not lost!

3 comments:

Paul O'G said...

Hope you are feeling better soon buddy!

David Crook said...

Cheers old boy - several shots of medicinal brandy would be the preferred option but sadly the antibiotics prohibit the consumption of said libation........:-(

Paul O'G said...

Well...a little in moderation cant hurt ALL that much old boY!