Sunday 8 January 2012

And then there were two....


Two of Rusland's finest - Krasnyi Dekabrya and her sister ship

Pictured above are the models of two ships that make up the Krasnyi Dekabrya class battleship as used by Rusland in the Fezian Sea. The ships are based very heavily on the Historical KGV, Nelson and Jean Bart and the construction process I have already described so will not bore you with repeating it!

I have hit a minor snag in the building process as I have now run out of the appropriate thickness of balsa wood for use with the hulls so another trip to Model Zone during the week will be in order.

Painting will be next and of course I will also need to give some further thought to basing the models as well - and the rules I shall be using!

Meanwhile though, back in Belgium, June 1815....

8 comments:

Ant Master said...

Not convinced you need a base with these.

David Crook said...

Hi ZH,

They will need a base bearing in mind the hull has been made from balsa wood which can mark quite easily. I prefer to have a base in any event simply because I like to have the name of the ship on display as well.

The decision I need to make is whether or not I should use clear plastic over painted card.

All the best,

DC

Paul O'G said...

Nice one matey!

David Crook said...

Hi Paul,

Thank you sir! I am looking forward to getting these painted and then it is one with the next batch.

All the best,

DC

Corporal_Trim said...

Very nice, David. I look foward to seeing them painted.

Regards,
Steve

David Crook said...

Hi Steve,

As am I and I hope to be tackling the task this week.

They were great fun to build as well!

All the best,

DC

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

You will end up having more models than Fletcher Pratt at this rate!

David Crook said...

Hi Geordie,

I hope not - even the new man cave would struggle to cope with that!

All the best,

DC