Monday 28 May 2012

The Curse of Ebay and a case of Manifest Destiny?

You may recall that I had recently taken the decision to acquire the final starter set of Axis and Allies: Angels 20 as part of my 'back to work and because I'm worth it style L'Oreal moment'. The order was duly posted via a 'Buy it now' and I eagerly awaited the receipt of this missing link so that I could crack on with the repaint.

Imagine then, my disappointment when I received an email from the trader telling me that he had refunded me in full as he was now out of stock (despite his listing saying that he had 10 available!). This is the second time this has happened to me in recent weeks and for the same item! It seems that as the set was so popular many suppliers are having problems meeting demand so I guess I will have to wait a couple of weeks and then try again!

In the meantime though, work continues with the Napoleonic variant of Memoir of Battle, labels for my blocks and also the dawning realisation that perhaps, just perhaps, the wars of 1793 to 1815 may provide me with more than sufficient gaming material and variety to last the rest of my lifetime!

It kind of feels a little destiny like but I am sure I will get sidetracked with the best of them in due course!

2 comments:

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

As long as your suppliers are re-negging, I've had a good look through the book shelves, folders etc and Napoleon Returns is no longer in evidence. I got rid of amost of my Napoleonic rules and Ospreys last year and it probably went with the rest. Sorry!

Ross

David Crook said...

Hi Ross,

Many thanks for looking and for the offer. I have checked out the same on the Old Glory website and it appears to still be available and so an order will follow shortly.

All the best,

DC