Friday 1 June 2012

Plans for the Long Weekend

Four days away due to the Jubilee celebrations and so I shall be taking the opportunity to have a bit of sort out on the ongoing project front. I am just putting the finishing touches to my Napoleonic variant of Memoir of Battle - helped by a massive dose of Command and Colours: Napoleonics - and plan to test these over the weekend with the resultant action appearing on the blog in the usual fashion. I also have some labelling to attend to which will be completed as far as I am able to although I have to design the vehicle types. I may even be able to get the Angels 20 WW2 aircraft underway assuming the decals arrive.

I also have a couple of tidying up jobs in the man cave to attend to so taken as a whole it will be an active weekend and I hope a productive one.

Then of course there is the small matter of wishing Her Majesty all the best for her celebrations - that is quite an achievement, 60 years and counting!

6 comments:

Kaptain Kobold said...

We get one day off a year for the Queen here :)

Next Monday, in fact.

David Crook said...

Hi Kaptain K,

Monday and Tuesday but the forecast is for rain from Sunday!

The Napoleonic rules owe a huge debt to you for the activation idea - I have (inevitably) tinkered with it to allow for troop quality and have rolled it into the Initiative phase.

I hope to have a bash with these on Sunday with the AAR to follow.

All the best,

DC

Robert Bishop said...

Hello David,
I've been a naval wargamer for 40 years and have paid my dues playing complex, involved rules - and loved doing so.... but as I get older, I'm more interested in finding rules that play faster yet give a believable result.
I have had a chance to look at your MoBaS Dreadnoughts rules/playsheet a while back (found it on the DBSA newsgroup) and was very impressed!
Would it be possible to buy a copy of the latest version of the rules from you?
Thanks!
-Rob
sailing1958@yahoo.com

David Crook said...

Hi Robert,

Many thanks for your kind comments - Wow! DBSA MoBaS was a long time ago and in fact I had forgotten about that version. I have a whole heap of stuff later than that along similar lines and I am currently working on (yet) another version of MoBaS.

If you email me on roguejedi@btinternet.com I will happily send you a load of bumpf and you can pick your fancy!

I hear you loud and clear about complex naval rules and like yourself am now at the stage of gaming career that I really cannot be bothered with that level of detail any more. If the action/rules feel right then it must be right.

All the best,

DC

Paul O'G said...

My Man Cave is undergoing a major re-sort and tidy as well!

David Crook said...

Hi Paul,

Mercifully it is not too drastic - I am merely reorganising the book case.

I hope to get a couple of games in over the weekend as well.

All the best,

DC