Monday 15 April 2013

The Painter's Progress....Part 7

For the record, I only intend running this series of posts until the current batch of models is complete - this of course being the pre dreadnoughts for Fezia and Rusland.

At the time of writing, the first eight of these are now at the 'ship's boats and funnel tops' stage which I am hoping to complete today with the basing etc tomorrow. The knock on effect is that my planned game will now take place later in the week but that should not be a problem. In any event I will need to get the fleet ship charts readied.

Mention of the ship's boats has reminded me of two points - firstly, on the models I am painting their is a prodigious quantity of them and secondly, I am never sure what colour to paint these. I tend to go for lifeboat white but that assumes they are upside down when of course for the most part they would either have covers on or be open to the elements. If they have covers then what colour should they be?

A tricky one to be sure but at the scale I am painting I will probably stick with the white versions as they add to the look in my opinion.

2 comments:

Paul O'G said...

I would go with the white too, but covers in that period were most likely to be cavas

David Crook said...

Hi Paul,

I will put that down to great minds thinking alike then!

All the best,

DC