Sunday 17 May 2015

Inspiration from unlikely sources

Almost as a follow up to my previous post it is fairly safe to say that I have recently been struggling to get my gaming mojo going. My get up and go seems to have got up and gone! Now I have taken the decision to abandon the Jutland project in its original format I feel curiously liberated and once again the ideas have begun to flow.

Regular readers of the blog will no doubt be thinking something along the lines of 'here we go again' as I describe what I will be doing and more importantly, what I won't be. I am not going to bore you with the details but the upshot is there are a few things that will not be seeing the light of day and a few things that will. Those that have made the cut will not surprise anybody - the usual contenders of naval, 19th century and anything involving the late Ottoman Turks will all be featuring and whilst I have no concrete plans in place the ideas are well advanced - which is just as well as my time is very much at a premium due to work.

The block armies will be coming out again and I am planning on extending this to cover my naval adventures as well - this will save a lot of time and will give me a huge amount of flexibility in terms of what I can tackle.

I am not abandoning using models - far from it - but at least I will be able to get some games in.

The inspiration from unlikely sources is probably not that unlikely as once again the local boot sales have come to my rescue with a couple of cheap acquisitions in the book department. I will not go into details for present but suffice it to say I am rather enthusiastic....;-)

2 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Enthusiastic is always good!

David Crook said...

Hi Ray,

It has been a little lacklustre on the inspiration front for me recently so anything to reignite the creative burners is to be welcomed.

As Baldrick would have said....'I have a cunning plan my lord...."

All the best,

DC